Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Tribute to My Valentine

At the risk of being overly sentimental and extremely mushy I must give honor to my husband today. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that he is my life partner. He is truly the most amazing man I have ever known. He has always loved me beyond what I deserve, but through this pregnancy (which began with a shock, horrible morning sickness, a move, another shock -
!twins!- and ended with an enormous whale of a wife who could hardly move) he has completely out done himself. He truly lays down his life for me daily. Not only did he have to go to work everyday, but he would come home to huge messes, laundry, and usually no dinner. He took over without complaint and made sure I was okay!

Over the past three weeks since the birth of the twins, he has been my encourager and emotional strength. He has taken care of my physical well-being by making sure I eat and drink. He holds our family together with his humor and wisdom. While it would be impossible to list everything I love and admire about Todd, I can say his character and integrity are beyond measure, both in our home and outside these walls. He is a man of strength, courage, and most of all faith.

I can say all of these wonderful things about him, but I know he would give credit elsewhere. He would say it's because of Jesus he can be this way, because of a God who first loved him that he can love us all so much. I know he is right. What a blessing that we have come to know personally this Sovereign, Holy, God of the Universe who made all things and is through all things, who sent His Son Jesus to die for us that we might live through Him. The love Todd lavishes on me pours out from the love Todd receives from our Savior. Todd has surrendered himself to Jesus, spends time praying, studying, and seeking His will. I am so grateful to receive the love of Jesus through my husband which has healed me, shaped me, humbled me, and blessed me.

Happy Valentine's Day my sweet Husband. My heart is forever yours!
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being humble and sharing your story! We really appreciate you both. I must say Rebecca that in your describing Todd, I see your Christlike character also. Your children are beautiful little examples of your dedication to the Lord as a couple and a family.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete