Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Dreaded RSV

They told us to keep the twins away from the public to avoid sickness but they got sick anyway. Most of us have had colds, so I guess RSV was unavoidable. We are at Children's Mercy in downtown KC. It's a wonderful hospital if you have to be in one. Joel and Leah are actually doing okay. Being here just keeps their condition from getting worse. There is nothing they can do to speed the healing process since this is a virus. No antibiotics, no magic medicine... just time. They are both on a little oxygen to help their breathing and they are sleeping peacefully. I am looking forward to SPRING!

2 comments:

  1. ACK! It's so hard to "keep away from the public" when the public keeps coming into your home in the form of your other children... grrrr...

    Bring on the warmer weather - SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca, a friend just showed me how to blog easily so now I can visit yours!! (no comment form the peanut gallery). I too have dealt with waaaaay too much RSV and have found some great herbal tinctures that are really helpful! I know it too late for this, but I like to be armed with info. I also wanted to ask again what you all have used for school? I know we talked about it, but don't recall what you said. If you have a moment would you shoot me a note? Thanks-Ang

    ReplyDelete